Now that Open Enrollment is over, you possibly can enroll in or change Market protection solely in case you have a life occasion, like getting married, having a child, or dropping well being protection, that qualifies you for a Particular Enrollment Interval.
Does my life occasion make me eligible for a Particular Enrollment Interval?
There are four fundamental sorts of qualifying life occasions:
- Lack of well being protection: Shedding job-based protection (whether or not by means of your self or a member of the family) or eligibility for Medicaid, Medicare, or the Kids’s Well being Insurance coverage Program (CHIP)
- Family adjustments: Marriage, youngster delivery or adoption, divorce, or loss of life
- Residence adjustments: Sure family strikes, like shifting to a brand new ZIP code or county
- Different qualifying occasions (like revenue adjustments): Adjustments that make you now not eligible for Medicaid or the Kids’s Well being Insurance coverage Program (CHIP), leaving incarceration, and so on.
See the complete checklist of life occasions.
How do I apply for 2020 protection by means of a Particular Enrollment Interval?
- In the event you qualify for a Particular Enrollment Interval, create an account or log into an present one to enroll in a plan for 2020.
- Chances are you’ll be requested to submit paperwork to verify the life occasion that makes you eligible.
Unsure your life occasion counts as a Particular Enrollment Interval? Simply reply just a few fast questions to seek out out.