Visitor essay by Eric Worrall
New Aussie lockdowns coming? Whereas Australia’s solar drenched Summer time climate is a pure benefit which has helped us include native Covid infections, the epidemic in Australia is way from over, with ongoing sporadic outbreaks. The newest outbreak may very well be about to go nationwide.
Coronavirus updates LIVE: Northern seashores COVID cluster grows in Sydney as new case confirmed in Cronulla; NSW stays on excessive alert
By Josh Dye
Up to date December 18, 2020 — 10.56am
- Sydney’s northern seashores residents have been requested to remain of their houses after a coronavirus cluster within the space reached 17 circumstances on Thursday
- Tasmania has shut its border to anybody who has been in northern seashores on or since December 11
- Queensland, Victoria and the Northern Territory have requested individuals who have been on the northern seashores to quarantine for 14 days. WA went a step additional and imposed this on anybody from NSW
- NSW Well being has added greater than a dozen new places – together with an Aldi grocery store, Commonwealth Financial institution department and a Chemist Warehouse outlet – to its listing of COVID-impacted venues within the northern seashores
- In a single day, French President Emmanuel Macron examined constructive for COVID-19 after creating signs. There have now been over 74 million circumstances globally and 1.6 million deaths, in accordance with the Johns Hopkins College tally
Learn extra: https://www.smh.com.au/nationwide/coronavirus-updates-live-sydney-remains-on-high-alert-after-northern-beaches-covid-19-cluster-grows-to-17-20201217-p56okd.html
Word the hyperlink to the article incorporates a video describing how one contaminated individual from NSW is thought to have travelled to Queensland, visiting Brisbane and staying in a single day on the Sunshine Coast earlier than being identified.
The supply of this newest outbreak seems to be a quarantine failure;
Northern seashores cluster reaches 28 circumstances, Sydney positioned on excessive alert
For our free coronavirus pandemic protection, be taught extra right here.
By Mary Ward and Josh Dye
Up to date December 18, 2020 — 1.36pm
The coronavirus cluster on the northern seashores grew to 28 circumstances on Friday, as NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian confirmed the supply of the brand new infections was from abroad.
Genome sequencing of circumstances recognized within the Avalon cluster confirmed in a single day that it doesn’t match any virus strains in current Australian clusters and is a really shut match to the virus in a girl presently in lodge quarantine who flew in from abroad on December 1.
Learn extra: https://www.smh.com.au/nationwide/nsw/northern-beaches-cluster-reaches-28-cases-20201218-p56oo4.html
Anybody who claims one large lockdown and it’s all over is speaking out of their proverbial. Australia has super pure benefits – sizzling, typically humid climate, robust borders / geographical isolation, and a low inhabitants density. But even Australia can not preserve Covid-19 fully contained, it retains coming again.